Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Helping Rescues with Homechecking, Fostering, Transport, Fundraising and more!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WE HAVE MOVED!

The new forum address is http://forum.animallifelineuk.org Please ensure you update your bookmarks. Smile

All registrations have been automatically transferred and automated login details have been e-mailed to each

member.

If you have any problems accessing the new site please contact us at info@animallifelineuk.org

Thank you! x

What do you all feed your dogs?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Kyespet

What do you all feed your dogs? Vide
PostSubject: What do you all feed your dogs?   What do you all feed your dogs? Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 11:52 pm

After much swapping and changing over 2 years I've tried the following:

Supadog Lamb and Rice

CSJ That'll Do
CSJ Herbie Rings
CSJ Command Performance 24

Nutro Lamb and Rice

Royal Canin Junior (when Pepper was a puppy)

Arden Grange Chicken and Rice
Arden Grange Lamb and Rice

Now I feed either Arden Grange Lamb and Rice or CSJ Command Performance 24 as the dried food (depending if I can find an offer on AG when I need it). With both dogs doing a high impact activity (flyball) I like to provide a joint suppliment (which both foods contain)

Kye is a pain for dropping weight at the slightest change (pepper is the other way!). I AIM to have him around 35kg, and we were at 34.5kg end of Jan... but when he got weighed last time at hydrotherapy, he was down to 32.3kg. He also has to have supper, or he has too much stomach acid and is sick.

Kye gets:

morning:
120g AG lamb and rice
345g naturediet - will be dropping this to 150g shortly, was this high to get some weight back on him)

tea:
395g raw mince
chicken wings/drumsticks (or whatever I've managed to scrounge from a friend with a farm shop)

Supper:
70g AG lamb and rice

Pepper gets:

morning:
20g CSJ That'll do
20g Ag lamb and rice
45g naturediet

Tea:
100-120g raw - less mince if we have bones in

Supper:
10g CSJ That'll do
10g Ag lamb and rice

In addition they also get a tin of sardines once a week

just to make things complicated! lol
Back to top Go down
GSD Lifeline

GSD Lifeline

PostSubject: Re: What do you all feed your dogs?   What do you all feed your dogs? Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 8:05 am

I use here for both my dogs and any rescues in:

CSJ Natural Champ or
Chappie Complete (if I havnt had chance to get to supplier of CSJ)

Both been excellent for dogs with iffy stomachs when they come in. My dogs also seem to love it. Very simple foods in fairness but good for them and cheap too Thumb
Back to top Go down
Tessa (klewagin)

Tessa (klewagin)

PostSubject: Re: What do you all feed your dogs?   What do you all feed your dogs? Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 3:36 pm

Well as we have different breeds that need different things from there food this is what we feed and feel is the best for our dogs.

Siberian Huskies as a breed need a high protein food (and as my dogs are working Siberian huskies there diet is very important)

So they get Arden Grange Prestige (30% protein) in the working season and AG premium (26% protein) in the summer months.

Our Dalmatians are fed on skinners maintenance (18% protein) working dog food. As Dalmatians as a breed should be fed a low protein diet to prevent stone forming, also you should always add water to a Dalmatians food.

Now my little Papillion is fed pedigree small dog food (as it is all he will eat)

and lastly my daughters Afghan hound is fed AG puppy.

We also give all our dogs some raw food (i.e bones, chicken carrcass, and so on) about 3 to 4 x's a week
Back to top Go down
sarismum

PostSubject: Re: What do you all feed your dogs?   What do you all feed your dogs? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 3:15 am

Sari has a sensitive tum and Baz gets itchy, have tried JWB and Arden Grange, but have settled on mix of CSJ Salmon + Herbie nuts adding a bit of Chappie Chicken and they have been much improved CSJ have a great delivery service and you can also build up loyalty points to set off against future purchases or donate to a charity. Excellent food and good value.
Back to top Go down
GSD Lifeline

GSD Lifeline

PostSubject: Re: What do you all feed your dogs?   What do you all feed your dogs? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 3:19 am

Ooh didnt know about loyalty points/charity. Will have to have a look Smile

I have looking at for a wehile now becoming a supplier of CSJ as I use quite alot and could make a small amount for the rescue by being a stockist.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you all feed your dogs?   What do you all feed your dogs? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What do you all feed your dogs?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Members Area :: Animal Chat -