Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Helping Rescues with Homechecking, Fostering, Transport, Fundraising and more!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WE HAVE MOVED!

The new forum address is http://forum.animallifelineuk.org Please ensure you update your bookmarks. Smile

All registrations have been automatically transferred and automated login details have been e-mailed to each

member.

If you have any problems accessing the new site please contact us at info@animallifelineuk.org

Thank you! x

Urgents 10,000 ex battery Hens due to be slaughtered

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
starr4

starr4

Urgents 10,000 ex battery Hens due to be slaughtered Vide
PostSubject: Urgents 10,000 ex battery Hens due to be slaughtered   Urgents 10,000 ex battery Hens due to be slaughtered Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 10:26 am

Sorry If this is in wrong section, just wanted to help the rescue and raise awarness in their appeal.

A battery farm is closing down but unfortunately, the slaughterman is booked for 29th June to kill over 10,000 birds. LHR are desparately trying to secure forever homes for these poor little ladies.

Little Hen Rescue are the ones to contact if you can offer any help or rehome a hen. Please spread the word.

CLICK HERE

All with facebook users can add application to support and help spread the word!

CLICK HERE

Donate as little as a pound through paypal here
CLICK HERE

As most of the hens are without their feathers you can Knit a hen Jumper
CLICK HERE

They only ask £1.50 donation to adopt a hen and they list everything you need to buy in preperation.

Excellent post op, I will look into adopting some myself Smile

Example of a rescued Battery Hen in poor condition
Urgents 10,000 ex battery Hens due to be slaughtered The%20Little%20Hen%20second

Example of a rescued Battery Hen doing well
Urgents 10,000 ex battery Hens due to be slaughtered HPIM3573

Last edited by starr4 on Sat May 16, 2009 4:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
vickylizzy
Admin
Admin
vickylizzy

PostSubject: Re: Urgents 10,000 ex battery Hens due to be slaughtered   Urgents 10,000 ex battery Hens due to be slaughtered Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 10:49 am

Poor girls. Sad Thank you for posting this. Actually I had a few people at The Ultimate Pet Show last weekend ask me where they could get ex-battery hens from so I will let them know and ask them to pass the word around. I'll pop up an urgent appeal on the front page of the forum for them too. Crossed it helps!
Back to top Go down
starr4

starr4

PostSubject: Re: Urgents 10,000 ex battery Hens due to be slaughtered   Urgents 10,000 ex battery Hens due to be slaughtered Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 10:51 am

Great!
Back to top Go down
vickylizzy
Admin
Admin
vickylizzy

PostSubject: Re: Urgents 10,000 ex battery Hens due to be slaughtered   Urgents 10,000 ex battery Hens due to be slaughtered Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 11:01 am

I'll pop this up in 'rescue backup' as well just in case anyone can offer any of them a rescue space. Crossed
Back to top Go down
GSD Lifeline

GSD Lifeline

PostSubject: Re: Urgents 10,000 ex battery Hens due to be slaughtered   Urgents 10,000 ex battery Hens due to be slaughtered Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 12:44 pm

Where are the birds?
Back to top Go down
vickylizzy
Admin
Admin
vickylizzy

PostSubject: Re: Urgents 10,000 ex battery Hens due to be slaughtered   Urgents 10,000 ex battery Hens due to be slaughtered Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 12:59 pm

Not sure which farm the birds are at, but Little Hen Rescue are based in Norfolk.
Back to top Go down
starr4

starr4

PostSubject: Re: Urgents 10,000 ex battery Hens due to be slaughtered   Urgents 10,000 ex battery Hens due to be slaughtered Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 1:08 pm

Little Hen Rescue dont list the name of the farm, I think the farmer would refuse to let them buy the birds if they did, I guess they need to work with the farmers in order to save the birds Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Lea
Rescue Rep
Rescue Rep
Lea

PostSubject: Re: Urgents 10,000 ex battery Hens due to be slaughtered   Urgents 10,000 ex battery Hens due to be slaughtered Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 1:43 pm

I have contacted them and suggested they try Raystede in Sussex:
http://www.raystede.org/

They took over a hundred last year after someone pleaded for help. They are a large rescue with great facilities, so Crossed
Back to top Go down
starr4

starr4

PostSubject: Re: Urgents 10,000 ex battery Hens due to be slaughtered   Urgents 10,000 ex battery Hens due to be slaughtered Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 4:46 pm

Ohh fingers crossed! Bravo
Back to top Go down
Whiskers_In_The_Ear
Whiskers_In_The_Ear

PostSubject: Re: Urgents 10,000 ex battery Hens due to be slaughtered   Urgents 10,000 ex battery Hens due to be slaughtered Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 9:34 am

Fingers crossed for these poor birds.... lets hope as many can be saved as possible.
Back to top Go down
kelly-joy
Admin
Admin
kelly-joy

PostSubject: Re: Urgents 10,000 ex battery Hens due to be slaughtered   Urgents 10,000 ex battery Hens due to be slaughtered Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 4:23 am

fingers crossed from here too, lets hope they can help
Back to top Go down
Whiskers_In_The_Ear
Whiskers_In_The_Ear

PostSubject: Re: Urgents 10,000 ex battery Hens due to be slaughtered   Urgents 10,000 ex battery Hens due to be slaughtered Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 5:27 pm

I saw an add from someone who keeps hens on a yahoo group, they were looking to increase their group so i mailed asking if they would consider ex battery girls - here's hoping for a positive response.
Back to top Go down
JennyC
Admin
Admin
JennyC

PostSubject: Re: Urgents 10,000 ex battery Hens due to be slaughtered   Urgents 10,000 ex battery Hens due to be slaughtered Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 1:45 pm

Crossed
Back to top Go down
rescuelass

rescuelass

PostSubject: Re: Urgents 10,000 ex battery Hens due to be slaughtered   Urgents 10,000 ex battery Hens due to be slaughtered Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 6:34 am

Oh no how awful, I would gladly take some but live too far away Sad
Back to top Go down
JennyC
Admin
Admin
JennyC

PostSubject: Re: Urgents 10,000 ex battery Hens due to be slaughtered   Urgents 10,000 ex battery Hens due to be slaughtered Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 2:04 pm

I have possible a home for 10-15 hens (possibly 1 cockerel) its in Corwen, North Wales and I need to know whether any transport could be arranged for them?
Back to top Go down
vickylizzy
Admin
Admin
vickylizzy

PostSubject: Re: Urgents 10,000 ex battery Hens due to be slaughtered   Urgents 10,000 ex battery Hens due to be slaughtered Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 2:15 pm

Thanks Jenny. I have been trying to contact LHR to organise a transport run up this way (as I've had a lot of enquiries from people around North Wales) but have yet to hear anything from them. Why I will keep trying though as I know how busy they are at the moment!!
Back to top Go down
JennyC
Admin
Admin
JennyC

PostSubject: Re: Urgents 10,000 ex battery Hens due to be slaughtered   Urgents 10,000 ex battery Hens due to be slaughtered Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 2:23 pm

Ok well I'll let you contact them as I dont want to seem as though we're harrassing them. If we can get a transport up here then there is a home for them.
Back to top Go down
vickylizzy
Admin
Admin
vickylizzy

PostSubject: Re: Urgents 10,000 ex battery Hens due to be slaughtered   Urgents 10,000 ex battery Hens due to be slaughtered Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 4:25 pm

It's definitely worth mentioning it to them Jenny. The more people up here offering homes the more reason to get a transport run sorted up here asap. I've had lots of enquiries so far but most of them will only take some if we can get them up here. Crossed we can sort something out! Smile
Back to top Go down
JennyC
Admin
Admin
JennyC

PostSubject: Re: Urgents 10,000 ex battery Hens due to be slaughtered   Urgents 10,000 ex battery Hens due to be slaughtered Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 12:02 pm

Ok I've emailed the gentleman that would like to rehome the hens up here asking him to contact them. Will see if I can email LHR as well to mention about these homes.

Have emailed LHR as well.
Back to top Go down
vickylizzy
Admin
Admin
vickylizzy

PostSubject: Re: Urgents 10,000 ex battery Hens due to be slaughtered   Urgents 10,000 ex battery Hens due to be slaughtered Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 4:31 pm

Ah brilliant! Thank you!
Back to top Go down
JennyC
Admin
Admin
JennyC

PostSubject: Re: Urgents 10,000 ex battery Hens due to be slaughtered   Urgents 10,000 ex battery Hens due to be slaughtered Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 11:19 am

Got another home for another 10 near aberwystwyth
Back to top Go down
Weebeastie

Weebeastie

PostSubject: Re: Urgents 10,000 ex battery Hens due to be slaughtered   Urgents 10,000 ex battery Hens due to be slaughtered Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 3:33 am

Silly question but what sort of transport do you need? And when?

Kerry
Back to top Go down
vickylizzy
Admin
Admin
vickylizzy

PostSubject: Re: Urgents 10,000 ex battery Hens due to be slaughtered   Urgents 10,000 ex battery Hens due to be slaughtered Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 3:43 am

To be honest they haven't got back to me so I'm not sure if we'll be bringing any up this way yet. Why I've never transported chickens before so I'm not 100% to be honest! Duh
Back to top Go down
Weebeastie

Weebeastie

PostSubject: Re: Urgents 10,000 ex battery Hens due to be slaughtered   Urgents 10,000 ex battery Hens due to be slaughtered Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 4:12 am

Well, it may not be any use to you but our camper van is a Vauhall Vivaro so there is loads of room in the back. If chickens were in some sort of transport boxes we could probably fit a fair few in there.
I'm only available evenings and weekends but if I can be of any help transporting them (or anything else) just let me know.
Back to top Go down
vickylizzy
Admin
Admin
vickylizzy

PostSubject: Re: Urgents 10,000 ex battery Hens due to be slaughtered   Urgents 10,000 ex battery Hens due to be slaughtered Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 5:07 am

That's a really lovely offer, thank you!! Throw Flowers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Urgents 10,000 ex battery Hens due to be slaughtered   Urgents 10,000 ex battery Hens due to be slaughtered Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Urgents 10,000 ex battery Hens due to be slaughtered

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2 Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Rehoming :: Other Animals :: Rescue Animals Looking For Homes -