Helping Rescues with Homechecking, Fostering, Transport, Fundraising and more!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WE HAVE MOVED!

The new forum address is http://forum.animallifelineuk.org Please ensure you update your bookmarks. Smile

All registrations have been automatically transferred and automated login details have been e-mailed to each

member.

If you have any problems accessing the new site please contact us at info@animallifelineuk.org

Thank you! x

Leaving Dogs Unattended in Cars

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

PostSubject: Leaving Dogs Unattended in Cars   Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:31 pm

I am having to write this after a nasty experience, and hoping to awareness of this possibly deadly issue.
The story:
A transporter came up to the kennels and left a dog unattended in the car, whilst getting another dog due for transport out of the kennels. The dog was left in the car barely 5 minutes.
On returning to the car it was found the dog had twisted its lead around its neck and choked itself. The dog's eyes were bulging, his tongue blue, he wasnt breathing and there was no heart beat.
The dog was cut free immediatly and was resusutitated in the car park. Through some kind of miracle the dog was successully revived, and was rushed to the vets. An hour later the dog returned a happy chappie, waggy tails as if nothing happened.

I want to make people aware of the dangers of leaving leads on dogs whilst unattended. Because of the training we have at the kennels the dog survived, but if this had been anyone without any first aid knowledge the dog would of died

Please in future think about leaving a dog on lead unattended
Back to top Go down
Jo

PostSubject: Re: Leaving Dogs Unattended in Cars   Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:43 am

This is old but I just wanted to say Good Post and give it a bump

After reading similar stories I always remember to remove my dogs leads if they will be left in the car.
Back to top Go down

Leaving Dogs Unattended in Cars

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Members Area :: Animal Chat -