Helping Rescues with Homechecking, Fostering, Transport, Fundraising and more!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WE HAVE MOVED!

The new forum address is http://forum.animallifelineuk.org Please ensure you update your bookmarks. Smile

All registrations have been automatically transferred and automated login details have been e-mailed to each

member.

If you have any problems accessing the new site please contact us at info@animallifelineuk.org

Thank you! x

Urgents 10,000 ex battery Hens due to be slaughtered

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
JennyC
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Urgents 10,000 ex battery Hens due to be slaughtered   Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:38 am

I've seen the RSPCA transport them in cat boxes on the TV before so I dont see why it can't be done that way? Maybe 1/2 to a box.

EMERGENCY FOSTER SPACE AVAILABLE AGAIN
Back to top Go down
Weebeastie

PostSubject: Re: Urgents 10,000 ex battery Hens due to be slaughtered   Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:51 am

My friend Jenny would like 2 of these chickens, should I just go ahead and contact them directly to arrange it?
If I go to collect them do we know if any others need to come back to North Wales? I could collect as many as required.
Back to top Go down
JennyC
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Urgents 10,000 ex battery Hens due to be slaughtered   Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:36 am

Weebeastie Thanks thats great.

There are alot of homes fown here for them if we can get them down.. I think there is about 30 chickens homes down here.

Back to top Go down
Weebeastie

PostSubject: Re: Urgents 10,000 ex battery Hens due to be slaughtered   Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:32 am

Is anyone able to contact the rescue place to find out how soon we could go and collect all the chickens we need?
Once we know when we can collect them then we can organise the logistics of transporting them?
How far away are they? I think 30 could be done in one trip though but I may be underestimating the task!

Anyhoos, if anyone is able to get in touch with them (I looked at the website and it seems to say please don't contact us!) then that would be ace.
Back to top Go down
vickylizzy
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Urgents 10,000 ex battery Hens due to be slaughtered   Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:18 am

I've been trying for quite some time to get through to them and have had no luck so far. Sad I've also had requests for another 30 or so, so potentially that could be around 60 chickens rehomed in this area. If anyone has any contacts at LHR and might be able to help us get in touch then we'd really appreciate it. Thanks
Back to top Go down
JennyC
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Urgents 10,000 ex battery Hens due to be slaughtered   Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:52 pm

I've been trying as well and getting no luck at the moment Sad

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Urgents 10,000 ex battery Hens due to be slaughtered   

Back to top Go down

Urgents 10,000 ex battery Hens due to be slaughtered

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2 Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Rehoming :: Other Animals :: Rescue Animals Looking For Homes -